The Mathematics and Information Science Building of the Warsaw University of Technology
The Main Building of the Warsaw University of Technology
A new graduate program Data Science in English leading to an MSc degree will begin in October. This is a continuation of the program with the same name taught in Polish during the previous two academic years. For more details, look here.
Starting Monday, March 23 a large number of classes at the Faculty is conducted online.
Information for students, PhD students, and employees regarding COVID-19 from the Office of the President of the University.
In connection with the announced ordinance of the Prime Minister, we would like to inform you that:
1. The classes will be suspended from tomorrow (March 12).
2. The validity of student and doctoral cards will be extended by a separate ordinance of the Minister until May 31, 2020.
3. The libraries are closed.
4. Foreign and domestic trips of employees, PhD students and PW students are suspended.
5. All conferences and events organized at the Warsaw University of Technology are canceled.
6. Foreign guests are not allowed to come to the University.
For updates, see here.
The 2019 Foreign Student Scholarship was awarded to Ms Polina Brazhko from Ukraine. Congratulations ! (Read more)
The Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science has received the European quality certificate EUR-ACE.
Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2018 - Mathematics
The Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science program in Mathematics (in Polish) has received the fourth highest position in Poland. (Shanghai Rank 2018)
QS World Ranking by Subject
Warsaw University of Technology (WUT) Mathematics and Computer Science programs among the highest ranked in Poland, Czech Republic, and Hungary according to the QS World University Rank by Subject:
The Mathematics program is the highest ranked in the opinion of employers in this region.
Computer Science and Information Systems program (formerly Computer Science) at WUT is amongst the three highest ranked in the opinion of employers in this region.
Grade A for 2013-2016
In the government's evaluation, both the Mathematics and the Computer Science and Information Systems (formerly Computer Science) program maintain the prestigious grade A for the period January 2013 - December 2016.
The 2018 Golden Chalk awards for excellence in teaching
- mgr Joanna Chmielewska
- mgr inż. Anna Junosza-Szaniawska
- dr hab. Bogusława Karpińska, prof. of WUT
- dr Jan Nawrocki
- dr Grażyna Rzeżuchowska
- dr Agnieszka Zimnicka